Renee Ellmers Ad: No Muslim "Victory Mosque" at Ground Zero
The ad is focused on the planned Islamic cultural center a few blocks from the former site of the World Trade Center.
In the spot, a narrator says, "After the Muslims conquered Jerusalem, and Cordoba, and Constantinople they built victory mosques. And, now, they want to build a mosque by Ground Zero. Where does Bob Etheridge stand? He won't say. Won't speak out. Won't take a stand." (Etheridge's spokesman says the congressman does not support the project.)
Ellmers then appears onscreen.
"The terrorists haven't won," she says. "And we should tell them in plain English: No, there will never be a mosque at Ground Zero."
Ellmers, who has been endorsed by Sarah Palin, is considered the underdog in the race. She was helped somewhat back in July when video surfaced of Etheridge seemingly hitting a camera being wielded by a self-identified student who approached him on the street asking questions.Critical Contests: Interactive Map with CBS News 2010 Election Race Ratings
Popular in Politics
- Obama forgets to salute while boarding Marine One Play Video
- The Ted Cruz conundrum
- Petraeus biographer regrets affair
- As summer approaches, sequestration threatens holiday fun
- IRS' Lerner was asked to resign, refused: GOP Sen. 198 Comments
- GOP Rep.: Obama elected because of Reagan's immigration reforms
- Obama prom pictures surface
- Senator: Oklahoma "hit hard, but we're not knocked out"