David Byrne Suing Charlie Crist Over Use of "Road to Nowhere"
David Byrne has filed a $1 million lawsuit against Florida governor and Senate candidate Charlie Crist over Crist's use of the 1985 Talking Heads single "Road to Nowhere," Billboard reports.
Crist, who became an independent after struggling in the GOP primary, reportedly used the ad on a website and in a YouTube attack ad against opponent Marco Rubio.
Byrne told Billboard the suit "is not about politics...It's about copyright and about the fact that it does imply that I would have licensed it and endorsed him and whatever he stands for."
The former Talking Heads singer is represented by the same lawyer, Lawrence Iser, who represented Jackson Browne when Browne successfully sued Sen. John McCain for McCain's use of his "Running on Empty" in the 2008 presidential campaign.
Popular in Politics
- Obama prom pictures surface
- Drones, Gitmo part of broad Obama counterterrorism speech
- IRS' Lerner: "I have not done anything wrong" 684 Comments
- House passes GOP bill to speed Keystone XL pipeline approval
- Christie: Keep politics out of Oklahoma disaster relief
- Amid scrutiny of commerce pick, White House confident about her fate
- Former Miss America might challenge McConnell
- Obama to view Oklahoma tornado damage Sunday