Diner to Obama: "You're a Hottie with a Smokin' Little Body"
Buffalo, N.Y. -- President Obama got more than the medium spice he asked for on his order of wings at a Buffalo landmark.
A woman told him, "You're a hottie with a smokin' little body."
The words were uttered by diner Luann Haley, 45, as the president made an unannounced visit to Duff's Famous Wings. Duff's will likely be even more famous after Mr. Obama's encounter with Haley.
She told reporters, "He gave me a big squeeze." Mr. Obama told her the first lady would be watching on TV. The unstoppable Haley replied, "That's alright. Hi Michelle. Eat your heart out."
The president surprised many of the dozens of diners and workers as he walked into the restaurant. He issued a verbal presidential proclamation: "This is the wing capital." The sign at Duff's lists, "Medium is HOT. Medium hot is VERY HOT. Hot is VERY VERY HOT."
The president ordered his medium. He later amended that to five regular, five extra spicy.
In a bit of culinary irony, just as the president stopped for wings, the first lady's office was back in Washington announcing a new effort for the nation's chef's to "adopt" schools to promote healthy eating.
Popular in Politics
- Obama forgets to salute while boarding Marine One Play Video
- Obama prom pictures surface 130 Comments
- IRS' Lerner was asked to resign, refused: GOP Sen. 163 Comments
- GOP Rep.: Obama elected because of Reagan's immigration reforms
- Is President Obama ending the war on terror? 284 Comments
- Now, some unions upset over Obamacare
- Rand Paul uses 2016 bully pulpit to push Obama on drones
- IRS official Lois Lerner placed on leave 131 Comments