Gen. Allen says U.S. troop withdrawal in Afghanistan "right on track"
(CBS News) On his way to a meeting with Republican Sen. John McCain on Capitol Hill on Friday, General John Allen, Commander of the International Security Assistance Force and commander of U.S. Forces in Afghanistan, talked to CBS News about Afghan President Hamid Karzai's comments that U.S. forces should leave rural villages.© 2012 CBS Interactive Inc. All Rights Reserved.
The general said the timetable for the U.S. and NATO combat forces withdrawal from Afghanistan is "right on track."
Watch the video and left and see more on "CBS Evening News" tonight.
Popular on CBSNews.com
- Graphic video: Man dead in "truly shocking" London attack Play Video
- 2 men from diverted Pakistani flight into U.K. arrested
- Bangladesh slum life 13 Photos
- Muslim hard-liners ID suspect in London attack
- Former sex slaves: Osaka mayor should quit
- U.K. official: London attack suspects probed before
- Tokyo's rockabilly scene 16 Photos
- Deadly car bombing at aid group's house in Kabul