Satellite images show damage to Iranian missile compound
CBS News has obtained unclassified satellite pictures of what appears to be a major setback for the Iranian missile program. Above is a composite photo of the testing site for solid rockets. There's concern that Iran is developing missiles to carry a future nuclear weapon.
A new image, at right, shows extensive damage from an explosion three weeks ago. Not only were the buildings destroyed, the head of the missile program was killed. Iran says it was an accident. No government has claimed responsibility for any attack.
In other news, CBS News' Bob Orr reports on a U.S. drone that may be in hands of Iranian government. Will they be able to tap its high tech secrets?
Popular on CBSNews.com
- Photos of the Week 21 Photos
- U.K. police announce new leads in missing girl case
- Plane catches fire landing in Moscow
- S. Korea: N. Korea launches short-range missiles
- Plane catches fire on Moscow runway Play Video
- Drone technology myths, facts and future feats
- Dramatic video appears to show 747 crash in Afghanistan
- Assad: Syria transition talks are internal matter