We Made It!
We made it.
Independence, MO. The birthplace of Harry Truman. The buck stops here, and so do our cars.
We're outside the city's courthouse (thankfully not in it, considering the occasional parking or speeding ticket), preparing for this evening's broadcast, where Nancy and I will wrap up the trip from Main Street.
We've gone a combined total of 3,517 miles in the last five days. The cars have taken a pounding, and so have our bodies. None of us have exercised in a week, we've eaten way too much junk food, and gotten way too little sleep.
But there's not much I'd do over. Our team enjoyed a once-in-a-lifetime drive, from the ocean to the mountains to the prairies, and met an extraordinary range of people, all of whom are dealing with sky-high rise gas prices in different ways.
Check out our blog postings as well as Early Show and Evening News pieces from the past week and let us know which stories meant the most to you!
Popular on MoneyWatch
- Reverse cell phone lookup service is free and simple
- Why geniuses don't have jobs
- Microsoft slashes Surface prices to lure buyers
- Have you mastered the art of listening?
- Look who doesn't deserve financial aid at NYU
- Fed says it will continue $85B in bond purchases
- Chrysler expected to make Jeep recall refusal official
- 6 things that feel productive, but aren't