Afghan Elections will Change Nothing, Says Taliban
The head of the political committee of the "Afghan Emirate" called on Afghanis to boycott the forthcoming presidential elections, in a statement posted on the Internet Monday. Sayyed Mullah Abdul Latif Mansour said the election was a conspiracy concocted by "the occupation forces" and claimed the president is appointed by the U.S..
"We must not expect any change in the presence of the occupying foreign forces, because it is inevitable that the successful candidate must be approved by the occupying forces," Mansour said. He also warned that "the hot jihadi trenches will not go cold until the foreign forces withdraw from Afghanistan."
- How Independent Are Vaccine Defenders?
- Exclusive: Rape in America: Justice Denied
- Phil Hirschkorn
- Missed Opportunities in Sowell Case
- DNC: Donors Getting Fewer Perks From Obama Play Video
- Va. Tech Killer Bought 2nd Gun Online
- VA Hid Suicide Risk, Internal E-Mails Show
- Veterans' Claims Found in Shredder Bins