McCain Chats With Press on Final Flight of Campaign
From CBS News' John Bentley:
(ABOARD STRAIGHT TALK AIR) – On the final flight of John McCain's campaign plane, McCain did something he has only done twice since he started flying on it last summer – he came back and talked to the press.
"We've spent a lot of time together, some have been together for almost two years,' he said. "We've had a great time."
McCain said he was heartened by the enthusiasm he's been seeing at the rallies, and felt good about his prospects.
"We're looking forward to the election results tonight. I'm feeling good, feeling confident about the way things have turned out. We've had a great ride, we've had a great experience," he said, surrounded by the traveling press corps, as well his wife Cindy and traveling companions Sen. Joe Lieberman, I-Conn., and Sen. Lindsey Graham, R-S.C. "It's full of memories that we will always treasure."
Popular in Politics
- Michelle Obama decries "slander" that educated blacks are "trying to act white" Play Video
- Immigration bill would require fingerprinting at 30 airports
- Top Obama officials knew about IRS probe, says WH
- Va. GOP candidate: Planned Parenthood "more lethal" for blacks than KKK 686 Comments
- Republicans continue beating Benghazi drum 470 Comments
- Both parties vow to "get to the bottom" of IRS scandal 277 Comments
- Adviser on White House scandals: "Partisan fishing expeditions" won't distract Obama 211 Comments
- Benghazi-disciplined diplomat a prolific poet