McCain Calls on Paper to Release Video
From CBS News' John Bentley:
(MIAMI) – After dropping the references to Barack Obama's relationship with Bill Ayers for most of the past couple of weeks, John McCain brought it back up today during a radio interview here.
"We should know about their relationship, including, apparently, information that is held by the Los Angeles Times concerning an event that Mr. Ayers attended with a PLO spokesman. The Los Angeles Times refuses to make that videotape public," McCain said. "I'm not in the business of talking about media bias, but what if there was a tape with John McCain with a neo-Nazi outfit being held by some media outlet? I think the treatment of the issue would be slightly different."
McCain is referring to a story in the LA Times, published in April, that says Obama attended a party for Rashid Khalidi, a professor at Columbia University who has been critical of Israel and an advocate for Palestinian rights. The Times has a videotape of the event, but has said they promised the owner of the tape not to release it.
Popular in Politics
- Obama forgets to salute while boarding Marine One Play Video
- Petraeus biographer regrets affair
- IRS' Lerner was asked to resign, refused: GOP Sen. 194 Comments
- As summer approaches, sequestration threatens holiday fun
- Obama prom pictures surface 131 Comments
- GOP Rep.: Obama elected because of Reagan's immigration reforms
- The Ted Cruz conundrum
- Is President Obama ending the war on terror? 310 Comments