Graham v. Phelps Instead of McCain v. Obama for North Carolina?
From CBS News' John Bentley:
(FAYETTEVILLE, N.C.) – McCain's good friend and fellow senator Lindsey Graham is so confident in John McCain winning North Carolina, he likened it to a most unlikely swimming competition.
"John McCain's going to win North Carolina," Graham said as he introduced McCain here today. "I'll beat Michael Phelps in swimming before Barack Obama wins North Carolina. Don't let me down because I can't swim."
Graham has also mentioned on the campaign trail that he was a "lousy" wrestler, and that even though he played football all four years of high school, the first time he stepped on the field was when he introduced McCain last week at a high school stadium in Durango, Colorado.
Nobody wants to see the esteemed senator from South Carolina drown, but the Republican voters of North Carolina have their work cut out for them, as Obama is holding a slim lead here in most polls.
Popular in Politics
- Obama forgets to salute while boarding Marine One Play Video
- Obama prom pictures surface 130 Comments
- IRS' Lerner was asked to resign, refused: GOP Sen. 161 Comments
- Is President Obama ending the war on terror? 282 Comments
- Now, some unions upset over Obamacare
- GOP Rep.: Obama elected because of Reagan's immigration reforms
- IRS official Lois Lerner placed on leave 131 Comments
- Rand Paul uses 2016 bully pulpit to push Obama on drones