"Tito The Builder" Makes Cameo At Palin Rally
From CBS News' Scott Conroy:
(LEESBURG, Va.) Joe The Plumber may be the most famous example of an everyman who feels threatened by Barack Obama's tax plan, but Sarah Palin mentions many others along the campaign trail. In making her case, Palin cites people like Joe The Plumber, Ed The Dairyman and Angela The Hairdresser (who is the governor's traveling hair stylist).
Lately, Palin's favorite "(First Name) The (Occupation)" has been Tito The Builder—a small construction company owner who met John McCain at a recent rally. Palin cites the Colombian immigrant (whose real name is Tito Munoz) as an example of someone who has fulfilled the American dream through hard work and perseverance, rather than government benefits.
At a rally here this morning, Munoz appeared on stage with Palin, dressed in full construction gear.
"I have so much things to say about this great country, I have so much things that I want to say about free enterprise and hard work," Munoz said. "Everything we stand for is in danger by higher taxes and less freedom. Everything we stand for is made stronger by people like you, like John McCain and Sarah Palin."
After Munoz's brief remarks, Palin stepped to the microphone.
"We thank Tito for that warm and nice introduction," she said. "We'll talk a little bit more about Tito here in these remarks, and, Tito, not since the Jackson Five has the name Tito been used so often."
Popular in Politics
- Michelle Obama decries "slander" that educated blacks are "trying to act white" Play Video
- Adviser on White House scandals: "Partisan fishing expeditions" won't distract Obama 170 Comments
- Romney condemns "breach of trust" in Washington
- Benghazi-disciplined diplomat a prolific poet
- Obama: Racism is no excuse for not excelling Play Video
- Republicans continue beating Benghazi drum 108 Comments
- Officials on Benghazi: "We made mistakes, but without malice" 363 Comments
- Obama to discuss legality of drone program