McCain Kicks Off "Joe The Plumber" Florida Tour
From CBS News' John Bentley:
(DAYTONA BEACH, FLA.) – John McCain kicks off a bus tour through Florida today called the "'Joe the Plumber' Keep Your Wealth Bus Tour," although, interestingly, "Joe the Plumber" will not actually be involved. McCain has been using Joe as an example of how he believes Barack Obama's tax plans harm small businesses and could cause the economy to stagnate.
"As he told 'Joe the Plumber', he wants to quote 'spread the wealth around,'" McCain says often on the campaign trail.
"Sen. Obama believes in redistributing wealth, not in policies that grow our economy and create jobs and opportunities for all Americans."
McCain is hoping Floridians can relate to the plumber from Ohio, as polls in Florida show he's locked in a tight contest with Obama here.
The tour opens with a rally in Ormond Beach, followed by a series of events in Altamonte Springs, Orlando, Plant City, and ending with another rally in Sarasota.
Popular in Politics
- IRS' Lerner: "I have not done anything wrong" 473 Comments
- Officials on Benghazi: "We made mistakes, but without malice"
- Anthony Weiner comeback try begins: Running for NYC mayor
- Obama to view Oklahoma tornado damage Sunday
- Christie: Keep politics out of Oklahoma disaster relief
- Major immigration overhaul passes first big test 68 Comments
- Will tornado relief funding escape politics? 47 Comments
- Top IRS official to invoke 5th Amendment at congressional testimony 220 Comments