Palin: Obama's Plan Is "Experiment With Socialism"
From CBS News' Scott Conroy:
(ROSWELL, N.M.) - Sarah Palin drew huge cheers at an airport hanger rally here when she insisted that Barack Obama's infamous comments to Joe the Plumber meant that the Democrat would initiate a socialist economic plan.
"Senator Obama said the wants to 'spread the wealth,'" Palin said. "What that means is he wants government to take your money and dole it out however a politician sees fit."
Palin acknowledged a man in the crowd who carried a sign proclaiming himself to be, "Ed The Dairy Man," and used him to help make her point.
"Barack Obama calls it spreading the wealth, Joe Biden calls higher taxes patriotic, but Joe the plumber and Ed the Dairy Man, I believe that they think that it sounds more like socialism," Palin said. "Friends, now is no time to experiment with socialism."
Palin said that Obama was not being straightforward about his tax plan.
"He claims that he'll cut income taxes for 95 percent of Americans, but the problem is more than 40 percent of Americans pay no income taxes at all. So how can you cut income taxes for folks who don't pay them?"
She added that Obama would get the money from his proposed tax credits by increasing tax rates.
"In other words, Obama's plans to raise taxes on some in order to give checks out to others is not a tax cut," Palin said. "It is more government growth and it's another government giveaway."
Popular in Politics
- For GOP, scandals could be an electoral plus - or minus 190 Comments
- Officials on Benghazi: "We made mistakes, but without malice" 304 Comments
- IRS targeting overlooked biggest soft money groups
- Where is the Benghazi cover-up Republicans promised? 382 Comments
- Republicans use IRS scandal to tar Obamacare
- Ousted IRS chief: "I did not mislead" the American people 259 Comments
- FBI seeks anonymous source behind Menendez allegations
- Why Obama should worry that current scandals might impact 2016 226 Comments