Obama: McCain Is "Flippin' So Fast"
From CBS News' Maria Gavrilovic:
(GREEN BAY, WISC.) - Barack Obama blasted John McCain's record on the economy today and accused him of using the financial crisis to pander to voters. Obama said McCain has been disingenuously offering more progressive ideas on the campaign trail, but that his record suggests otherwise.
"Who do you think has been running the government for the last 8 years, who's been in charge for the last 8 years?," Obama asked the crowd of thousands at a rally.
"They made the mess. They have been running the government. They have been making the appointments, they have been in charge of regulations. So how it is that they are now suggesting that they weren't in charge?"
Obama accused McCain of having an "election-time conversion" by suggesting that he has swapped in his experience platform for a platform of change.
"He's trying to make up for 26 years in 26 hours, he's flippin' so fast," Obama said.
"He's spent most of the last 19 months arguing that what qualifies him to be president is the decades he's spent in Washington and suddenly he's had a change in heart, an election time conversion."
Although Obama spent a good chunk of his speech today blasting his opponent, he called for a bipartisan solution to the financial crisis.
"I'm working with anybody who's willing to get the job done," Obama said. However, he quickly pointed his finger at Bush Administration for the problem. "We did not arrive at this moment by some accident of history," Obama said, "We are in this mess because of a bankrupt philosophy."
Popular in Politics
- For GOP, scandals could be an electoral plus - or minus 160 Comments
- Officials on Benghazi: "We made mistakes, but without malice" 299 Comments
- Where is the Benghazi cover-up Republicans promised? 381 Comments
- FBI seeks anonymous source behind Menendez allegations
- Ousted IRS chief: "I did not mislead" the American people 258 Comments
- IRS targeting overlooked biggest soft money groups
- Republicans use IRS scandal to tar Obamacare
- Why Obama should worry that current scandals might impact 2016 226 Comments