Palin "Disappointed" In "Understandable" AIG Bailout
From CBS News' Scott Conroy:
(CLEVELAND, Ohio) During a quick stop at a diner in Cleveland, Ohio, Sarah Palin was asked for her reaction to the AIG bailout.
"Dissapointed that taxpayers are called upon to bailout another one," she said. "Certainly AIG though with the construction bonds that they're holding and with the insurance that they are holding very, very impactful to Americans so you know the shot that has been called by the Feds its understandable but very, very disappointing that taxpayers are called upon for another one."
Told that her traveling press corps was getting lonely in the back of her campaign plane, Palin said, "Are you getting lonely? Gee, yeah, come on up then!"
Though she has been on the campaign trail for nearly three weeks, Palin has yet to hold a press conference, and this morning's stop marked the first time she answered a question from the press on the fly, prompting concerned looks from staffers. Palin did have a two-day interview with ABC News' Charlie Gibson and sat down with Fox News' Sean Hannity in Cleveland this morning.
The media is sure to take the governor up on her offer to chat at the front of her plane, assuming the campaign is willing to comply with the boss's wishes for more face time with journalists.
Popular in Politics
- Obama forgets to salute while boarding Marine One Play Video
- The Ted Cruz conundrum
- Senators lack votes on immigration despite progress
- Petraeus biographer regrets affair
- Senator: Oklahoma "hit hard, but we're not knocked out"
- IRS' Lerner was asked to resign, refused: GOP Sen. 206 Comments
- GOP Rep.: Obama elected because of Reagan's immigration reforms
- As summer approaches, sequestration threatens holiday fun