Was Biden Talking About Palin During Stem Cell Research Reference?
From CBS News' Ryan Corsaro:
(COLUMBIA, MO.) - Was Joe Biden referring to Sarah Palin, a mother of a child with Down syndrome, when he made this comment?
"I hear all this talk about how the Republicans are going to work in dealing with parents who have both the joy, because there's joy to it as well, the joy and the difficulty of raising a child who has a developmental disability, who were born with a birth defect. Well guess what folks? If you care about it, why don't you support stem cell research?"
Biden received a thunderous ovation when he made the remark at a town hall style meeting this morning in Columbia.
When asked for if this could be interpreted this as being about Palin, Biden's press secretary, David Wade, issued this statement.
"This is a clash of policies not a clash of personalities. We've heard not a dime's worth of difference between the McCain-Palin ticket and the Bush Administration on medical breakthroughs that millions of parents and doctors believe could save lives and transform the quality of life for countless Americans."
Popular in Politics
- Officials on Benghazi: "We made mistakes, but without malice" 434 Comments
- Top IRS official to invoke 5th Amendment at congressional testimony 126 Comments
- Senate committee approves immigration bill
- Va. GOP candidate: Planned Parenthood "more lethal" for blacks than KKK 1200 Comments
- U.S. IDs several men possibly responsible for Benghazi attack
- Poll: Most think IRS targeting was deliberate 172 Comments
- Obama: "Full focus" is on recovery from Oklahoma tornado 86 Comments
- IRS scandal highlights leadership vacancies