Obama Weighs In On Clinton and the Convention
From CBS News' Maria Gavrilovic:
(CHICAGO) - Barack Obama blamed the press today for trying to drum up controversy surrounding the Democratic Convention and Hillary Clinton's request that her delegates be properly represented.
"There hasn't been controversy other than what you guys are projecting right now," Obama said visibly annoyed.
On the flight from Minneapolis to Chicago, Obama said he spoke to Clinton earlier this week and that their staff is working out the details.
"It has gone seamless," he said regarding talks between staffers, "It has not been a problem."
But when he was pressed whether he would object to having Clinton's name alongside his during the nomination process, Obama said, "I didn't say that. I said they are working it out guys."
He added that he hopes both his and Clinton's supporters will come out of the convention feeling "determined" to win the election.
Popular in Politics
- IRS' Lerner: "I have not done anything wrong" 425 Comments
- Officials on Benghazi: "We made mistakes, but without malice"
- Anthony Weiner comeback try begins: Running for NYC mayor 117 Comments
- Obama to view Oklahoma tornado damage Sunday
- Major immigration overhaul passes first big test
- Christie: Keep politics out of Oklahoma disaster relief
- Will tornado relief funding escape politics?
- Top IRS official to invoke 5th Amendment at congressional testimony 219 Comments