McCain Is "Proud" Of Ad That Hits Obama On Celeb Status
From CBS News' John Bentley:
(RACINE, WISC.) – While Barack Obama was asking John McCain if an ad comparing Obama to Britney Spears and Paris Hilton was "the best you can come up with," a member of the audience at McCain's town hall meeting here asked if the Arizona senator had "flip-flopped" on running a positive campaign by airing that ad.
"We are proud of that commercial," McCain said. "There are differences and we are drawing those differences. And I've said earlier I admire his campaign, but what we are talking about here is substance and not style, and what we are talking about is who has an agenda for the future of America."
McCain said they could have a better discussion of the issues if Obama would join him at town hall events. "I have asked Sen. Obama to travel across this country with me and engage in town hall meetings. He has refused to do so, and yesterday, in case you missed it, he wanted to have a duel," McCain said. "I'm not sure exactly what weapons he had in mind, but why don't we just sit down together and have a discussion."
Popular in Politics
- FBI director acknowledges domestic drone use 143 Comments
- Obama and Berlin: Faded echoes meet new realities
- Obama on NSA programs: Americans "not getting the complete story"
- House Republicans pass 20-week limit on abortions 541 Comments
- Smooth, on-time Obamacare rollout no sure thing: GAO
- GOP Sen. Murkowski backs same-sex marriage
- Obama renews push for a nuclear disarmament legacy
- Immigration reform would cut deficit, analysis shows 80 Comments