Romney Almost Makes KFC Healthy
From CBS News' Scott Conroy:
LAKELAND, FLA. -- When we were told that Mitt Romney would eat at Kentucky Fried Chicken for lunch today, the traveling press corps was a bit confused. The former Massachusetts governor we know is a health nut who jogs a few times a week and looks incredibly fit for a 60-year-old man.
But there he was, chopping on his fried chicken, mashed potatoes with gravy, beans and a biscuit, although Romney made sure to take the skin off the chicken.
"I feel sorry for you guys though," he said to the media horde that had gathered in front of his table. "I get to eat. You have to watch me eat."
It was a bit awkward standing there with our cameras focused in on the governor as our stomachs growled, but it offered Romney a chance to show off a less buttoned-down side.
Asked what kind of music he likes, Romney mentioned the song "Ahead of My Time" by the modern Swedish band Teddybears. But he said that his iPod leans heavily on the '60s and '70s, including Roy Orbison and The Eagles.
Popular in Politics
- Immigration reform would cut deficit, analysis shows 66 Comments
- House Republicans pass 20-week limit on abortions 118 Comments
- Senators: U.S. must take "more decisive" military action in Syria
- Snowden: U.S. gov't destroyed my chance for fair trial
- Bill Ayers: Obama should be tried for war crimes
- FBI: Surveillance info helped reveal subway, stock exchange bombings 213 Comments
- Obama and Berlin: Faded echoes meet new realities
- Treasury secretary's loopy signature is now less loopy