Edwards Briefly Looks Ahead to Super Tuesday
From CBS News' Aaron Lewis:
LOS ANGELES -- With towering skyscrapers looming above him - a poignant symbol of the major corporate interests in which he seeks to fight - John Edwards pushed his message of saving and strengthening the middle class from the rooftop of the SEIU Local 721.
"You don't bring about change by shuffling papers," said Edwards in perhaps a veiled swipe at Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton. "And you don't bring about change by just giving a speech. We have to actually have some guts, some determination and some fight if we're gonna bring about the change that America so desperately needs."
Today's stop in California marks the first stop for Edwards in a tour across America visiting February 5th Super Tuesday states. He also travels to Oklahoma, Missouri, and Georgia in the next 48 hours. Edwards hopes that this will show voters that he is committed to continue the campaign regardless of the outcome in South Carolina and Nevada.
If Edwards hopes to win California, he has lots of ground to make up. He is a distant 3rd place in Golden State polls.
Popular in Politics
- FBI: Surveillance info helped reveal subway, stock exchange bombings 181 Comments
- Jesse Jackson Jr. asks to serve jail sentence before wife
- Obama: "Very easy to slip-slide" into deeper Syrian involvement
- Obama on NSA programs: Americans "not getting the complete story" 247 Comments
- IRS scandal: Is partisanship overshadowing facts? 164 Comments
- Snowden: U.S. gov't destroyed my chance for fair trial 299 Comments
- Supreme Court strikes down Arizona voting law 917 Comments
- Former critic McCaskill pushes for Hillary Clinton 2016 bid