Edwards All-Nighter Continues
From CBS News' Aaron Lewis:
DES MOINES, IOWA -- John Edwards dropped by the United Steelworkers Local 164 tonight and what was expected to be a simple photo op of union workers manning the phones turned into a raucous rally.
Close to 200 steelworkers and volunteers packed inside with a crazy amount of cameras and reporters alongside.
Leo Girard, the fiery president of the Steelworkers Union made remarks over the phone before yielding the floor to Elizabeth. Mrs. Edwards briefly told of the days when she first met her husband.
"Now it's thirty-something years later, he still is optimistic and to my great chagrin he still looks like he did thirty years ago," said Mrs. Edwards.
Edwards took the mic and rallied the workers in the room with usual stump lines that played well with this audience.
"We are in the middle of this 36 hour marathon for the middle class we are committed to - just like you are committed to this cause," said Edwards. "And I can tell you I've never had so much fun in my life."
We'll see if he still feels that way after the 36 hours are up...
Popular in Politics
- Obama and Berlin: Faded echoes meet new realities
- Senators: U.S. must take "more decisive" military action in Syria
- House Republicans pass 20-week limit on abortions 261 Comments
- Smooth, on-time Obamacare rollout no sure thing: GAO
- Immigration reform would cut deficit, analysis shows 74 Comments
- Obama renews push for a nuclear disarmament legacy
- GOP Sen. Murkowski backs same-sex marriage
- Bill Ayers: Obama should be tried for war crimes