Romney: McCain Failed "Reagan 101"
From CBS News' Scott Conroy:
CONWAY, N.H. -- Brian Wiggin, a "rare native" of this New Hampshire North Country town asked Mitt Romney point blank why he should vote for him rather than John McCain — Romney's chief rival in the first-in-the-nation primary state.
"He's a good man and a national hero," Romney said. "He's spent 27 years in Washington. I haven't spent any years in Washington."
Speaking to a crowd of about 125 people, Romney then went on to hit McCain hard for the Arizona senator's fiscal record.
"He voted against the Bush tax cuts," Romney said. "That's failing 'Reagan-101' … Reagan taught almost all of us in the Republican party that lowering taxes would grow the economy and was good for the economy and good for the individuals. And I believe the Republicans are going to nominate a tax cutter to become president of the United States."
Popular in Politics
- Obama prom pictures surface
- Obama: America at a "crossroads" in fighting terrorism 101 Comments
- IRS official Lois Lerner placed on leave
- Protester heckles Obama during counterterrorism speech Play Video
- Rep. Jo Bonner to resign from House for university job
- Lawmakers push to punish sexual offenders in the military
- Boehner calls out Obama administration's "arrogance of power" 101 Comments
- Could the GOP pull an upset in Mass. senate race?