Thompson Narrowly Avoids Breaking "Silly Hats" Rule
From CBS News' John Bentley:
Fred Thompson came dangerously close to violating his "no silly hats" rule yesterday.
Stopping by a fire station in Waverly, Iowa, Thompson was offered a helmet by one of the firemen. He took the hat and looked like he was going to put it on, but then flashes of Michael Dukakis wearing a tank helmet must have run through his head.
He decided to offer it to his wife Jeri instead, who modeled it for the cameras.
You can watch what happened below:
Popular in Politics
- FBI: Surveillance info helped reveal subway, stock exchange bombings 202 Comments
- Jesse Jackson Jr. asks to serve jail sentence before wife
- Obama: "Very easy to slip-slide" into deeper Syrian involvement 94 Comments
- Obama on NSA programs: Americans "not getting the complete story"
- IRS scandal: Is partisanship overshadowing facts? 167 Comments
- Snowden: U.S. gov't destroyed my chance for fair trial 299 Comments
- Supreme Court strikes down Arizona voting law
- Former critic McCaskill pushes for Hillary Clinton 2016 bid