Thompson Narrowly Avoids Breaking "Silly Hats" Rule
From CBS News' John Bentley:
Fred Thompson came dangerously close to violating his "no silly hats" rule yesterday.
Stopping by a fire station in Waverly, Iowa, Thompson was offered a helmet by one of the firemen. He took the hat and looked like he was going to put it on, but then flashes of Michael Dukakis wearing a tank helmet must have run through his head.
He decided to offer it to his wife Jeri instead, who modeled it for the cameras.
You can watch what happened below:
Popular in Politics
- Romney condemns "breach of trust" in Washington 200 Comments
- Officials on Benghazi: "We made mistakes, but without malice" 359 Comments
- Adviser on White House scandals: "Partisan fishing expeditions" won't distract Obama
- Where is the Benghazi cover-up Republicans promised? 422 Comments
- IRS targeting overlooked biggest soft money groups 71 Comments
- For GOP, scandals could be an electoral plus - or minus 338 Comments
- Republicans use IRS scandal to tar Obamacare 47 Comments
- Ousted IRS chief: "I did not mislead" the American people