McCain Blasts MoveOn.org - Again
From CBS News' Dante Higgins:
INMAN, S.C. – John McCain is setting his sights on MoveOn.org again, railing on the liberal political organization for calling on members of Congress to oppose any war spending bill that doesn't include a timetable for pulling troops out of Iraq.
"I can only draw one conclusion from what the Democrats are trying to do today and cut off the funding is that their political priorities have taken over their dedication to our nation's security and I don't say that lightly," McCain said.
"These are good men and women on the other side of the aisle but they're being driven by the most radical left wing organization and the name of it is called MoveOn.org."
"My friends we've reached a sad day in America," he added.
Yesterday, when McCain heard what MoveOn.org was up to said, "Shame on Moveon.org. Shame on them for the ad they ran in the New York Times questioning the patriotism of a great American general, Petraeus. Shame on them for this because these young men and women are succeeding and they need our support and funding, not a filibuster."
McCain blasted MoveOn.org back in September when the group took a full-page ad out in the New York Times, just before Gen. David Petraeus testified before Congress with a status report on the war.
In September, McCain called the ad "disgraceful" and said MoveOn.org "ought to be thrown out of this country."
Popular in Politics
- Michelle Obama decries "slander" that educated blacks are "trying to act white" Play Video
- Top Obama officials knew about IRS probe, says WH
- Immigration bill would require fingerprinting at 30 airports
- Va. GOP candidate: Planned Parenthood "more lethal" for blacks than KKK 690 Comments
- Republicans continue beating Benghazi drum 471 Comments
- Adviser on White House scandals: "Partisan fishing expeditions" won't distract Obama
- Burma or Myanmar? WH grappling with name game
- Benghazi-disciplined diplomat a prolific poet