Obama Ahead In … Montana?
A new poll conducted by Montana State University-Billings shows Barack Obama leading John McCain in the state by a 44 percent to 40 percent margin. Both candidates did well among their party's base but Obama had an edge among independents, the poll found. Respondents widely said they thought McCain had run a more negative campaign while Obama held an edge on economic issues, the AP notes. The poll found that 70 percent of those polled though it was either somewhat or very likely that the U.S. will experience an economic depression.© 2008 CBS Interactive Inc.. All Rights Reserved.
Popular in Politics
- Obama prom pictures surface
- Drones, Gitmo part of broad Obama counterterrorism speech
- Lawmakers push to punish sexual offenders in the military
- IRS' Lerner: "I have not done anything wrong" 825 Comments
- Boehner calls out Obama administration's "arrogance of power" 70 Comments
- House passes GOP bill to speed Keystone XL pipeline approval
- Could the GOP pull an upset in Mass. senate race?
- Former Miss America might challenge McConnell