Women's Group Says "Not So Fast"
In a full-page ad on page A-9 of the New York Times this morning, a political action committee called WomenCount urges Clinton to stay in the presidential race until "every vote is cast, every vote is counted and we know that our voices are heard." From the ad:© 2008 CBS Interactive Inc.. All Rights Reserved.
"We are the women of this nation. We are rich and poor, young and old, married with children, married without children, single moms, gay, straight and widowed. We are every color. We are of every religion. We are from all political parties. We love our country. Now more than ever, so much of what we cherish is at risk – our homes and out health, our safety and our planet, our children and our values. We raise our voices, in one glorious, defiant chorus to tell the world that these times demand strength, courage and vision. And that is why we stand united in our unwavering support for Hillary Clinton."
Popular in Politics
- Obama and Berlin: Faded echoes meet new realities
- Senators: U.S. must take "more decisive" military action in Syria 79 Comments
- House Republicans pass 20-week limit on abortions 252 Comments
- Smooth, on-time Obamacare rollout no sure thing: GAO
- Immigration reform would cut deficit, analysis shows
- Obama renews push for a nuclear disarmament legacy
- GOP Sen. Murkowski backs same-sex marriage
- Bill Ayers: Obama should be tried for war crimes