Argentina: Indian guru leads mass meditation rally
India's spiritual leader and founder of Art of Living Foundation Sri Sri Ravi Shankar looks to the crowd through a heart formed with his hands before leading a meditation with thousands of participants in Buenos Aires, Argentina, Sunday, Sept. 9, 2012. (AP Photo/Natacha Pisarenko) / Natacha Pisarenko
Sri Sri Ravi Shankar's organization estimates Sunday's crowd at a park swelled to more than 100,000 people.
They chanted and moved rhythmically as the guru urged them to focus their collective energy on ending violence and creating a world free of stress.
Smaller crowds were urged to meditate together around the world as Ravi Shankar's image was transmitted on television screens.
Ravi Shankar's The Art of Living foundation is particularly popular in Argentina.
Popular on CBSNews.com
- Iran hangs alleged U.S., Israeli spies
- Photos of the Week 21 Photos
- North Korea fires short-range missiles for second day
- Assad: Syria transition talks are internal matter
- Two imprisoned over killing Malcolm X's grandson
- S. Korea: N. Korea launches short-range missiles
- Drone technology myths, facts and future feats
- Afghanistan to ask India for military aid