Stuckey helps Pistons beat Bobcats 85-80
Detroit Pistons guard Brandon Knight (7) is fouled by Charlotte Bobcats guard Kemba Walker (15) while reaching for a rebound during the first half of an NBA preseason basketball game Saturday, Oct. 20, 2012, in Auburn Hills, Mich. (AP Photo/Duane Burleson) / Duane Burleson
Brandon Knight added 15 points for Detroit, and Greg Monroe had 15 points and seven rebounds.
Kemba Walker scored 15 and Tyrus Thomas had 14 points and 16 rebounds for the Bobcats.
After trailing by as many as 19, Charlotte crawled all the way back and took the lead on a 3-pointer by former Piston Ben Gordon with 3:06 left. But Stuckey had a key 3-pointer late in the game and Knight made three foul shots in the final seconds to seal it for the Pistons.
Gordon made his first appearance in Detroit since being traded to the Bobcats in June for Corey Maggette. Gordon scored 13 points on 4-of-15 shooting, while Maggette sat out with a left calf strain and is day to day.
Popular in Sports
- Bay Area hosting 50th Super Bowl
- Upset at the Preakness Stakes
- Study: College athletes denied $6.2B over four years
- Watch: 7-foot-5 teen basketball player dominates
- Golf champion and CBS analyst Ken Venturi dies
- NFL's Top 100 Players of All-Time: Debate
- Female NFL hopeful kicker injured in tryout
- Watch: Dodgers star makes cancer-stricken fan's day