Psy's "Gangnam Style" video sets Guinness World Record for most likes on YouTube
(CBS News) Oppa! Looks like Korean pop star Psy can add the Guinness World Record to his list of accomplishments. The artist's video "Gangnam Style" nabbed the record for most likes on YouTube.
"Gangnam Style" debuted on YouTube on July 15 and currently has the 2,918,953 likes on the video sharing site. According the Guinness World Record, Psy's record is followed by LMFAO's "Party Rock Anthem," which currently has 1,583,448 likes and Justin Bieber's "Baby," with 1,336,667 likes.
Not only is "Gangnam Style" popular, the rate of its rise to viral video status was lightening fast. YouTube published a comparison of "Gangnam Style" with another summer hit video Carly Rae Jepsen's "Call Me Maybe." The comparison showed that "Call Me Maybe" had a steady rise of 1.5 million views each day, while "Gangnam Style" had over 6 million views per day.
"Gangnam Style" has is definitely a pop culture phenomenon. Everyone from Ellen DeGeneres to Google's executive chairman Eric Schmidt has been spotted doing Psy's signature "horse dance."
Popular in SciTech
- Weird pirate ant comes with an "eye patch"
- Amazon proposes a colossal biospherelike Seattle campus
- Watch: NASA captures Okla. tornado from space Play Video
- Xbox One Press Conference
- The 7 weirdest things made by 3D printing
- Microsoft announces Xbox One
- Microsoft announces Xbox One 16 Photos
- NASA funds 3D pizza printer