Apple iMessage down, users report
(CBS News) Apple's iMessage may be experiencing outages, according to users tweeting about service outages on Twitter.
The messaging service is available on iPhones, iPads and iPod touches and was recently added to Mac OS X Mountain Lion. Apple's system status shows no signs of an outage, however a steady stream of users on Twitter have reported disruptions in service.
"Retweet if your iMessage is not working," @dreamchaserzeek tweeted Monday. The status update was re-tweeted over 700 times, and counting.
Apple users can send SMS messages to each other via iMessage and bypass service charges from wireless providers.The service has been integrated across Apple's mobile and desktop operating systems.
Apple did not immediately return CBS News' request for comment.
Popular in SciTech
- Watch: NASA captures Okla. tornado from space Play Video
- Weird pirate ant comes with an "eye patch"
- The 7 weirdest things made by 3D printing
- Microsoft announces Xbox One
- Amazon proposes a colossal biospherelike Seattle campus
- Microsoft announces Xbox One 16 Photos
- Storms that spawned deadly Oklahoma tornadoes seen from space (video)
- Xbox One Press Conference