LEGO celebrates 80 years with animated short film
(CBS News) The LEGO group released an animated short film to tell the story of how the company got its start.
The 17-minute short film tells the story of how Ole Kirk Christian founded a small toy company in Billund, Denmark in 1932, how the company got its name and the obstacles LEGO faced in its early years.
LEGOs are toy building blocks that interlock, making it possible to build large objects from small pieces. The toys have built an almost cult following and have managed to remain popular in the toy market.
Happy birthday, LEGO!
Popular in SciTech
- iPhone 5S and low-cost iPhone said to be multicolored
- Weird pirate ant comes with an "eye patch"
- Ashton Kutcher on Twitter: "Media kind of f***ed it up"
- Apple's next iPhone may be coming in June
- The 7 weirdest things made by 3D printing
- Jennifer Lopez to open Verizon cellphone stores
- Amazon proposes a colossal biospherelike Seattle campus
- Alternatives to Google Reader