LEGO celebrates 80 years with animated short film
(CBS News) The LEGO group released an animated short film to tell the story of how the company got its start.
The 17-minute short film tells the story of how Ole Kirk Christian founded a small toy company in Billund, Denmark in 1932, how the company got its name and the obstacles LEGO faced in its early years.
LEGOs are toy building blocks that interlock, making it possible to build large objects from small pieces. The toys have built an almost cult following and have managed to remain popular in the toy market.
Happy birthday, LEGO!
Popular in SciTech
- Microsoft announces Xbox One
- Microsoft's new Xbox: What to expect, where to watch
- The 7 weirdest things made by 3D printing
- NY official: Airbnb stay illegal; host fined $2,400
- Calif. teen wins Intel Science Research competition Play Video
- New Flickr comes with 1 terabyte free storage
- Computer visionary says he knows who invented Bitcoin
- Alternatives to Google Reader