Yahoo CEO Marissa Mayer attempting to recruit Twitter executive, report says
Citing sources close to the matter, AllThingsD reports that it's not clear what position Mayer has in mind for Stanton, but it is likely a "big one."
Stanton's resume includes business development at Google, special advisor at the U.S. Department of State and her current role as a vice president at Twitter.
Under Stanton's watch, Twitter has seen world leaders join the service, including 80 percent of the G20 leaders. In 2011, Stanton reported that 70 percent of tweets originate from outside of the United States.
Mayer was Google's first female engineer and employee number 20. After rising to become a vice president at the search engine, Mayer took the next step in her career and joined Yahoo in July. Industry analysts speculated that Mayer would reinvigorate Yahoo because of her background as an engineer, influence on the technology industry and media-friendly persona.
Mayer also became the latest female CEO of a technology company - joining IMB's Virginia Rometty and Hewlett-Packard's MegWhitman.
Popular in SciTech
- Airborne laser reveals hidden city in Cambodia
- NASA unveils plans to capture asteroids
- Privacy officials request details on Google Glass
- Last telegram ever to be sent July 14
- Solar plane lands at Dulles Airport Play Video
- Chinese supercomputer named world's fastest
- Apple TV gets HBO GO, WatchESPN
- Was there a rape joke at Microsoft's Xbox One event?