Yahoo Mail down for some users
Updated 2:53 p.m. ET.
(CBS News) Yahoo confirmed Tuesday that some services are not working.
"Some Yahoo! services are currently inaccessible to our users. We are working to correct the issue and apologize to affected users," @YahooInc tweeted.
Although some users reported on Twitter that their accounts are working, the company has not made an announcement to confirm the status of its services.
The company sent out a separate update acknowledging that Yahoo Mail went down.
"We are aware of the Mail issue are working to fix this issue asap and apologize for any inconvenience this may cause," @yahoomail tweeted.
Yahoo released a separate explanation that some users may not be able to access Yahoo Mail because they are unable to accept the sites new terms of service. The company says its engineering team is working to resolve the issue.
"We're investigating -some users are unable to accept new TOS, looped back to login page or can't access Yahoo! Mail," @YahooCare tweeted.
There are currently no details on when Yahoo services will be fully restored, but the company released a statement to CBS News via email:
"Yahoo! Mail, Messenger and other areas of Yahoo! may currently be inaccessible or slow to respond to some users in certain locations. We are working to correct the issue and restore all functionality immediately. We know that this may have caused some inconvenience and we apologize to our users who might be affected."
Popular in SciTech
- Greatest threat to Africa's white lions: American hunters Play Video
- Apple's next iPhone may be coming in June
- One woman's journey to save the white lions
- Alternatives to Google Reader
- Thousands online proclaim: Jahar Tsarnaev is innocent
- "God particle": Why the Higgs boson matters
- Apple's iPhone 6 may have bigger screen, analyst says
- Beam this up: Creating the sounds of "Star Trek"