Spotify launches unlimited radio for Android
(CBS News) Spotify, the popular music-streaming service, announced Tuesday a free unlimited radio for Android devices.
The streaming radio service works by letting users create a station based on an artist, album or playlist. Like the Internet radio service Pandora, Spotify radio can learn a user's taste over time, based on a thumps up or down vote.
The service is already available for the desktop client and iOS devices, like the iPhone and iPad.
Spotify radio is a free update to the Android app. Premium users can listen to the service commercial-free. The Spotify app can be downloaded at Google Play.
Spotify is a free ad-supported, music-streaming service that is accessed through a desktop client. The company launched in the U.S. in July 2011. Mobile apps are available on iPhone, Android, Windows, BlackBerry, Palm and Symbian.
Popular in SciTech
- Amazon proposes a colossal biospherelike Seattle campus
- Weird pirate ant comes with an "eye patch"
- The 7 weirdest things made by 3D printing
- NASA funds 3D pizza printer
- Watch: Biggest solar storm of the year Play Video
- Xbox One Press Conference
- Microsoft announces Xbox One
- Jennifer Lopez to open Verizon cellphone stores