Spotify launches unlimited radio for Android
(CBS News) Spotify, the popular music-streaming service, announced Tuesday a free unlimited radio for Android devices.
The streaming radio service works by letting users create a station based on an artist, album or playlist. Like the Internet radio service Pandora, Spotify radio can learn a user's taste over time, based on a thumps up or down vote.
The service is already available for the desktop client and iOS devices, like the iPhone and iPad.
Spotify radio is a free update to the Android app. Premium users can listen to the service commercial-free. The Spotify app can be downloaded at Google Play.
Spotify is a free ad-supported, music-streaming service that is accessed through a desktop client. The company launched in the U.S. in July 2011. Mobile apps are available on iPhone, Android, Windows, BlackBerry, Palm and Symbian.
Popular in SciTech
- Chinese supercomputer named world's fastest
- Airborne laser reveals hidden city in Cambodia
- Valentina Tereshkova: First woman in space 13 Photos
- NASA picks 8 new astronauts, 4 of them women
- "Tweet" added to Oxford English Dictionary
- Russian tycoon seeks human immortality by 2045
- Solar plane lands at Dulles Airport Play Video
- Apple unveils overhaul of iOS 7, new iTunes Radio