Twitter, Google Talk back up
(CBS News) Twitter and Google Talk are back up after outages Thursday.
Google Talk, the popular chat client also knowns as "Gtalk" or "Gchat," experiences a service disruption in the morning. Signs of trouble were confirmed at 6:40 a.m. ET on the Google Apps Status Dashboard. By 11:25 a.m. ET service was restore to all users.
Twitter also had an unrelated outage Thursday. The Twitter API status site showed service disruption for most services. A spokesperson for the company confirmed that Twitter was aware of the issue and was looking into the cause. Twitter is now back up.
There are no further details on what caused the service disruption for Twitter or Google Talk.
Popular in SciTech
- Amazon proposes a colossal biospherelike Seattle campus
- Weird pirate ant comes with an "eye patch"
- The 7 weirdest things made by 3D printing
- Watch: Biggest solar storm of the year Play Video
- NASA funds 3D pizza printer
- Xbox One Press Conference
- Microsoft announces Xbox One
- Jennifer Lopez to open Verizon cellphone stores