Twitter down on the heels of Google Talk outage
(CBS News) Twitter, the popular micro-blogging service, went down Thursday.
A check of the Twitter's API status shows service disruptions through most services, including statuses, streams and search.
This outage comes on the heels of a Google Talk outage earlier Thursday. There is currently no connection between the two service disruptions and severe storms in the Northeastern United States.
As of 11:25 a.m. ET, Google Talk should be back up.
Twitter is aware of the issue and is looking into the cause, a spokesperson for the company told CBS News.
Popular in SciTech
- Microsoft's new Xbox: What to expect, where to watch
- The 7 weirdest things made by 3D printing
- NY official: Airbnb stay illegal; host fined $2,400
- Calif. teen wins Intel Science Research competition Play Video
- New Flickr comes with 1 terabyte free storage
- Computer visionary says he knows who invented Bitcoin
- Alternatives to Google Reader
- Wired bride: Planning your wedding on the web Play Video