Ex-Yahoo CEO Scott Thompson lands new gig
Scott Thompson, in November 2010. / AP Photo/Noah Berger
Thompson left Yahoo in May after it emerged that his resume inaccurately ascribed him a degree in computer science. He had the job for only four months.
Much like Amazon's Prime service, ShopRunner provides faster shipping from shopping sites in exchange for membership fees. It's also planning to introduce an online payment service, and says Thompson's experience as the CEO of PayPal would be valuable
ShopRunner says CEO and co-founder Mike Golden will stay on as president.
Popular in SciTech
- Chinese supercomputer named world's fastest
- Airborne laser reveals hidden city in Cambodia
- Valentina Tereshkova: First woman in space 13 Photos
- NASA picks 8 new astronauts, 4 of them women
- Solar plane lands at Dulles Airport Play Video
- Russian tycoon seeks human immortality by 2045
- "Tweet" added to Oxford English Dictionary
- NASA unveils plans to capture asteroids