Yoga teacher fired for glaring at Facebook worker
Alice Van Ness, who was hired to teach hour-long yoga sessions at Facebook's Menlo Park campus, has been fired for her disapproving stink-eye glare at a Facebook employee using a cellphone in class.
Van Ness says she tells students before class to turn off their cellphones. But a female employee pulled out her cellphone in the middle of a Monday session and began texting.
The San Jose Mercury News says Van Ness didn't say anything, but she gave the student what she calls a look of disapproval.
"We're not talking about the U.S. government here," Van Ness told the San Francisco Chronicle. "We're not talking about Russia is about to bomb us. We're talking about Facebook. Something can't wait half an hour?"
The student later complained and Van Ness was fired by Plus One Health Management. The termination letter says Van Ness "made a spectacle" of the student.
Popular in SciTech
- Calif. teen wins Intel Science Research competition Play Video
- Computer visionary says he knows who invented Bitcoin
- New Flickr comes with 1 terabyte free storage
- One woman's journey to save the white lions
- Apple's next iPhone may be coming in June
- Canada trying to lure Silicon Valley tech workers
- Alternatives to Google Reader
- Four things you need to know about tornado season