Amazon smartphone reportedly already in testing
The smartphone that Amazon is currently testing has a screen size of between four and five inches, one of the Journal's sources says.
The report seems to support a Bloomberg report last week that the Seattle-based Internet retailer was
Amazon readying smartphone to compete with Apple, Google?
These are not the first rumblings we've heard of Amazon working on a smartphone of its own. Citigroup analysts suggested last November that the Seattle-based e-commerce giant was
Kindle tablet? Check. Kindle smartphone? Maybe next year
Amazon is also said to be readying the release of its second-generation Kindle Fire, which is expected to put a little heat on Apple's iPad and the Nexus 7, the Android-powered tablet Google unveiled last month at Google I/O. The trio also compete in the app arena, with Amazon's Android Appstore challenging Apple's App Store and Google Play Store for mobile users' business.
This article originally appeared on CNET.
Popular in SciTech
- Take a billion-pixel tour of Mars
- Baby named Like after Facebook button
- Airborne laser reveals hidden city in Cambodia
- L.A. to give every student an Apple iPad; $30M order
- Solar plane lands at Dulles Airport Play Video
- Apple TV gets HBO GO, WatchESPN
- Draft House bill threatens $1 billion in NASA funding cuts
- Chinese supercomputer named world's fastest