Xbox Live down, Microsoft working on a fix
The software company has taken to both its Twitter account and its Service Status page to inform users that Xbox Live is experiencing "difficulties." The Xbox Live Status page specifically says that users are currently unable to sign in to Xbox Live from their Xbox 360 or via Xbox.com.
"We are aware of the problem and are working to resolve the issue," Microsoft wrote on the Status page. "We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your patience."
Although Microsoft hasn't said when Xbox Live went down, it appears, based on the complaints on Twitter, that it happened a little over an hour ago. The company's Xbox Live Twitter account also started responding to those complaints around the same time.
Microsoft did not immediately respond to CNET's request for comment on the outage.
This article originally appeared on CNET under the headline "Xbox Live down; Microsoft at work on a fix."
Popular in SciTech
- Take a billion-pixel tour of Mars
- Baby named Like after Facebook button
- Airborne laser reveals hidden city in Cambodia
- Apple TV gets HBO GO, WatchESPN
- Privacy officials request details on Google Glass
- NASA unveils plans to capture asteroids
- Solar plane lands at Dulles Airport Play Video
- Draft House bill threatens $1 billion in NASA funding cuts