Xbox Live down, Microsoft working on a fix
The software company has taken to both its Twitter account and its Service Status page to inform users that Xbox Live is experiencing "difficulties." The Xbox Live Status page specifically says that users are currently unable to sign in to Xbox Live from their Xbox 360 or via Xbox.com.
"We are aware of the problem and are working to resolve the issue," Microsoft wrote on the Status page. "We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your patience."
Although Microsoft hasn't said when Xbox Live went down, it appears, based on the complaints on Twitter, that it happened a little over an hour ago. The company's Xbox Live Twitter account also started responding to those complaints around the same time.
Microsoft did not immediately respond to CNET's request for comment on the outage.
This article originally appeared on CNET under the headline "Xbox Live down; Microsoft at work on a fix."
Popular in SciTech
- Watch: NASA captures Okla. tornado from space Play Video
- Microsoft announces Xbox One
- Storms that spawned deadly Oklahoma tornadoes seen from space (video)
- Power of Okla. tornado surpassed Hiroshima bomb
- Microsoft announces Xbox One 16 Photos
- The 7 weirdest things made by 3D printing
- First look at the Xbox One Play Video
- Calif. teen wins Intel Science Research competition Play Video