Apple 13-inch MacBook Pro getting Retina Display, analysts say
Apple announced updates to its laptop line Monday, introducing the company's next generation 15-inch MacBook Pro with Retina Display.
According to AppleInsider, analyst Ming-Chi Kuo of the financial service group KGI Securities predicts that a 13-inch MacBook Pro with Retina Display will go into production in September and go on sale in early October.
Kuo had correctly predicted that Apple would stop making the 17-inch MacBook Pro, and instead release a 15-inch MacBook Pro with Retina Display in addition to the current line of laptops.
Two other analysts are making similar claims to Kuo. Richard Shim and Jeff Lin of DisplaySearch reported that 13-inch 2,560 x 1,600 display are "being prepared for production in the third quarter."
Shim and Lin said their supply chain sources "indicate that Apple will use this panel in a MacBook Pro unit to be launched in the fourth quarter." And that the production volume is expected to be about twice as much as the 15-inch MacBook Pro.
Popular in SciTech
- Microsoft announces Xbox One
- Microsoft's new Xbox: What to expect, where to watch
- Watch: NASA captures Okla. tornado from space Play Video
- The 7 weirdest things made by 3D printing
- Microsoft announces Xbox One 16 Photos
- Power of Okla. tornado surpassed Hiroshima bomb
- NY official: Airbnb stay illegal; host fined $2,400
- New Flickr comes with 1 terabyte free storage