Airbnb will insure up to $1 million in property damage
Airbnb will partner with insurance agency Lloyd's of London to insure wary hosts.
"Every single booking on Airbnb in eligible countries is covered by our $1,000,000 Host Guarantee - at no cost to you," the company said in a blog post.
Last year, Airbnb made news when a San Francisco host reported her home was vandalized. Soon after the incident, the company implemented the "Host Guarantee" program, which insured hosts up to $50,000.
Airbnb was established in 2008 and boasts 100,000 listings in 19,000 cities worldwide. The San Francisco-based company garnered attention when actor Ashton Kutcher became a strategic advisor in 2011.
Popular in SciTech
- Computer visionary says he knows who invented Bitcoin
- One woman's journey to save the white lions
- Canada trying to lure Silicon Valley tech workers
- Apple's next iPhone may be coming in June
- Alternatives to Google Reader
- Thousands online proclaim: Jahar Tsarnaev is innocent
- "God particle": Why the Higgs boson matters
- Preview: Killzone Mercenary