Facebook's Mark Zuckerberg marries Priscilla Chan
(AP) PALO ALTO, Calif. - Facebook founder and CEO Mark Zuckerberg has updated his status to "married."
Zuckerberg and 27-year-old Priscilla Chan tied the knot at a small ceremony at his Palo Alto, Calif., home Saturday, capping a busy week for the couple.
Zuckerberg took his company public in one of the most anticipated moves in Wall Street history Friday. And Chan graduated from medical school at the University of California, San Francisco, on Monday, the same day Zuckerberg turned 28.
The couple met at Harvard and have been together for more than nine years.
A company spokeswoman said Zuckerberg designed the ring featuring "a very simple ruby" that he designed himself.
The ceremony took place in Zuckerberg's backyard before fewer than 100 guests, who all thought they were there to celebrate Chan's graduation.
Facebook CEO gets married at surprise wedding
Popular in SciTech
- Airborne laser reveals hidden city in Cambodia
- Chinese supercomputer named world's fastest
- Valentina Tereshkova: First woman in space 13 Photos
- NASA picks 8 new astronauts, 4 of them women
- Solar plane lands at Dulles Airport Play Video
- NASA unveils plans to capture asteroids
- Last telegram ever to be sent July 14
- "Tweet" added to Oxford English Dictionary