Mark Zuckerberg birthday: Facebook CEO turns 28 days before IPO
The Facebook co-founder's one-time dorm room project is set to go public, to make history in the IPO record books, and to create a whole lot of instant wealth. And today the social network's chief executive officer turns 28, an event that presumably will be marked with a flurry of birthday messages on his Facebook page.
What does one get the birthday boy who has everything? Zuckerberg himself, after all, is already among the upper sliver of the 1 percent, with Forbes putting him at No. 35 on its list of the top 400 richest Americans. The IPO alone could catapult him higher up that list, with his stake poised to reach as much as $18.7 billion, give or take a few hundred million, which, in Zuck's case, really is quite insignificant.
That's birthday present enough if ever there was. Besides, Zuckerberg clearly is not a man with a hankering for material goods. But go with this for a moment: what would make for a fitting present to celebrate?
Why I'm thrilled Mark Zuckerberg is annoying the bankers
Any other suggestions?This article first appeared at CNET with the headline "Happy b-day, Zuck: What do you give a guy who could buy Europe?"
Popular in SciTech
- iPhone 5S and low-cost iPhone said to be multicolored
- Android 4.3 pops up in the wild after skipping Google I/O
- Ashton Kutcher on Twitter: "Media kind of f***ed it up"
- Weird pirate ant comes with an "eye patch"
- Apple's next iPhone may be coming in June
- 5 off-beat tech stories of the week
- Can a floating robot save a polluted canal?
- New Flickr comes with 1 terabyte free storage