Apple iPad mini rumors resurface
(CBS News) Apple iPad mini rumors just won't go away. This time, the Chinese blog NetEase reports that Apple has placed an order for an iPad mini.
According to the report, 6 million units have been ordered for release in the third quarter. The smaller tablet is estimated to retail anywhere from $249 to $299.
Rumors of an iPad mini with 7.85-inch display have been circulating for some time. Previously, DigiTimes reported in March that "makers" in Apple's supply chain has started "delivering samples of a 7.85-inch iPads for verification."
Weeks later, a report from the Korea Times cited an unnamed Samsung official that corroborated previous reports of a 7.85-inch tablet.
If these rumors are true, we could see an iPad mini this summer.
Popular in SciTech
- iPhone 5S and low-cost iPhone said to be multicolored
- Android 4.3 pops up in the wild after skipping Google I/O
- Apple's next iPhone may be coming in June
- NYC tech tour: Foursquare, BuzzFeed, MakerBot Play Video
- Can a floating robot save a polluted canal?
- Delta 4 rocket boosts military comsat into orbit
- NASA funds 3D pizza printer
- Google to add Galapagos Islands to Street View