KFC Thailand apologizes for improper Facebook quake posting
As people we're being urged to evacuate from beach areas, the company posted this message: "Let's hurry home and follow the earthquake news. And don't forget to order your favorite KFC menu."
It prompted hundreds of angry comments on a variety of Thai web boards that denounced the company as insensitive and selfish.
By Thursday the message was removed and replaced by one that asked for forgiveness.
Wednesday's earthquakes in Indonesia revived memories of the 2004 Asian tsunami that claimed 230,000 lives, including more than 8,000 people in Thailand.
Popular in SciTech
- Greatest threat to Africa's white lions: American hunters Play Video
- Apple's next iPhone may be coming in June
- Thousands online proclaim: Jahar Tsarnaev is innocent
- "God particle": Why the Higgs boson matters
- Alternatives to Google Reader
- Apple's iPhone 6 may have bigger screen, analyst says
- Beam this up: Creating the sounds of "Star Trek"
- Drone technology myths, facts and future feats