BlackBerry now links Facebook, Twitter to BBM
It may come as a shock but loyal BlackBerry Messenger addicts exist in a corporate walled garden lacking a link to the engaging (or distracting) social media action their friends and followers are up to. That's all about to change with RIM unveiling plans to add Facebook and Twitter sharing via their respective apps (Version 3.0) in the BlackBerry App World store.
If this news doesn't exactly blow your socks off, well that shouldn't come as a surprise either. RIM just managed to bring email to its struggling PlayBook tablet with the PlayBook OS 2.0 launch in February.
Still, I've always said that RIM does hardware really well and the updated PlayBook paired with its new BlackBerry Mini Keyboard with Convertible Case is designed with care. It's a shame the combo's heart aches for the caress of loving and more useful apps.
RIM's BlackBerry World show is right around the corner (May 1 to May 3) and they just may catch all the naysayers off guard by announcing some hot new BlackBerry 10 phones and tablets.
This article first appeared at CNET under the headline "RIM finally links Facebook, Twitter to BBM."
Popular in SciTech
- Amazon proposes a colossal biospherelike Seattle campus
- Weird pirate ant comes with an "eye patch"
- The 7 weirdest things made by 3D printing
- NASA funds 3D pizza printer
- Watch: Biggest solar storm of the year Play Video
- Xbox One Press Conference
- Microsoft announces Xbox One
- Jennifer Lopez to open Verizon cellphone stores